During the COVID-19 pandemic, we learned the hard way that being on Zoom, or any other video conferencing system, wears us down.
A few things we’ve learned can reduce the harm:
- Breaks between meetings help your brain reset – 5-10 mins
- Breaks need to be away from the computer – step outside; meditate; stretch – no screens
- Make meetings more intentional, effective, and shorter
- Our brains are not designed to see ourselves all day. Turn off the self view in your video tool.
- How to combat Zoom Fatigue
- Four causes of Zoom Fatigue and their Solutions
- Microsoft Research – Your Brain needs a break between meetings
- Work from Home Burnout and Zoom Fatigue are more complex than you think
- “Zoom Fatigue” Disproportionately Affects Women And New Hires
*Thank you for visiting the World's Largest Opinionated Agile Reference Library. This content is created and the links are curated through the lens of Agile Pain Relief Consulting's view of what is effective in the practice of Scrum and Agile. We don't accept submissions and emails to that effect are marked as spam. Book listings may use affiliate links that could result in a small commission received by us if you purchase, but they do not affect the price at all. From experience, this won't amount to anything more than a cup of coffee in a year.« Back to Glossary Index