Just for some fun I thought I would toss together a couple of top ten lists for 2008 (hey it works for Letterman, why not me?). There are three lists here: Top Ten Posts (my picks), Top ten items I wrote for InfoQ and Top Ten by Traffic.
in chronological order
- Tools, Tools, Tools As software developers we have this innate belief that another tool will solve all our problems. To that end many agile practitioners search for a tool to track their projects for them.
- Minimally Agile What is the minimum it takes to be Agile?
- Agile/Scrum Smells an initial catalog of common things that go wrong on Agile projects. It needs your help to make it better.
- Minimalist Coding Style when I sit down with you to pair, I’m likely to make some comments about your code – now you know what is going on my brain.
- Coaching Self Organizing Teams – one of the best sessions I attended at Agile 2008
- TDD Coding Dojo (Randori Format) our first attempt at a coding Dojo.
- Advantages of TDD
- TDD Coding Dojo (Randori Format) Round II – where we apply the lessons applied the first time.
- Scrum Case Studies – given the frequent requests I hear for Scrum Case Studies I gathered a bunch up.
- Misconceptions with Test Driven Development – sensing a theme? I hear a lot of objections saying TDD can’t work in XXX case or it won’t scale.
In a random order
- Can Product Owner and Scrum Master be Combined?
- Scrum Certification Test
- Kanban as Alternative Agile Implementation
- Rewards to Improve Team Habits?
- Performance Reviews Banished
- Questioning Servant Leadership
- Co-location Transition, Tips and Concerns
- What are the Qualities of a Good Test?
- Well Formed Teams: Helping Teams Thrive, not just Survive
- Touchy Feely Impediments to Agile Adoption
Google Analytics Picks
These prove that the world cares more about photography and vista woes than Agile Software Development. Obviously a list like this will favour older posts.
- Aperture vs. Lightroom – best comparisons
- Agile/Scrum Smells
- Nikon D3 vs D300
- Driver woes on Vista? Sonic Solutions DLA problem solved
- Scrum in a Nutshell or 5 minutes to learn scrum BTW the presentation here is a little dated, it needs a good rewrite based on what I’m learning about changing brains.
- Customer Retention Department – Vonage Customer Service Sucks
- Scrum Case Studies
- Lightroom Tip: How to Successfully Import your Photoshop Elements Catalog
- Minimalist Coding Style
- Writing Clean Testable Code
- Multiple Returns from a Single Method
Because 11 is better than 10.
Finally just for pure ego’s sake some stats for the year:
- 70,000+ page views this year
- 42,000+ visitors with half the visitors from three countries: US, UK and Canada
- 1250+ readers (according to feedburner and that doesn’t the readers who found me through Agile Planet), up from ~450 on Jan 1.
Thanks for reading in 2008.
Image attribution: http://photodune.net/
» Next Do You Suspect You Have a Less than Productive Person on Your Team?
See all blog posts