To maintain your Scrum Alliance® certifications, you are required to earn Scrum Education Units (SEUs) by completing educational training or learning opportunities. It’s easy to do and will help you stay relevant (and competitive) in the market.
There are many opportunities for earning SEUs that don’t cost money, and don’t require special courses
One hour of activity = 1 SEU
We are happy to offer several resources that qualify for SEUs:
- The Guide to Effective Agile Retrospectives
This eBook and accompanying email series help you take Retrospectives from groans to grins. You could reasonably claim 2 hours of reading the book, and 10 hours of taking action with the email exercises. Free with newsletter subscription.
- Our Lean Coffee Events
Hang out online and have a virtual coffee with CST Mark Levison. Bring your Scrum questions and challenges. A great opportunity to meet and interact with Mark, even if you haven’t attended his training yet. Free for newsletter subscribers.
- Notes from a Tool User
Reading blog posts counts too! We have a wide variety including posts featuring a fictional new Scrum team and all the mishaps they face, features on Anti-Patterns, and how to be successful beyond the basic Scrum framework
- Email Learning Series – two free subscription choices to address different levels of knowledge and experience
- Foundational Scrum email series — for anyone struggling to grasp the basic concepts or wanting a quick general introduction to Scrum. This is a series of emails, one a week, that helps them understand the why and how, and not just the what.
- Advanced ScrumMaster learning email series — a free team survey as well as other tools, resources, and ongoing support to help ScrumMasters guide their team through improvements and challenges to become truly high-performing and effective.
- High-Performance Teams Game
Where will you allocate your resources? How will that affect your team? A lighthearted look at the choices and tradeoffs that Scrum teams make, to illustrate benefits and costs.
*NEW* Beta version of the online game. We’d love your feedback!
- High-Performance Organizations Game
A board game that builds on the success of the previous Teams Game to focus on building high-performance Organizations. Explores options for an Organization to understand itself and the current state of the work, and then bring about real, ongoing change. Free download.
- Scrum Training follow-up email exercises
Part of our committment to provide ongoing support and resources when you attend our Certified Scrum training workshops. Free with course registration. (Currently CSM only, but additional very soon.)